'81 Kramer Duke Bass

'81 Kramer Duke Bass
Funk Bass Practice Rig

Thursday, April 1, 2010

People who know how

He fixed it in five minutes. I had indeed reversed the polarity on the 2x12 cabinet. I did it at the input plug. I read somewhere that most folks who fail at fixing something do so because they don't look at the problem long enough. He looked hard at the input plug, found the connection for the tip and the stem and made sure the hot side and the ground side didn't swap sides somewhere in the muddle of connections. I plugged my Crate Powerblock into the speakers and my Ibanez classical guitar into the Crate amp. Sounded really good. I'll use the cabinet with my bass rig. I'm subbing for the regular bass player in a duo. The gig's at an outdoor bar at a local Marina, 5pm - 9pm. That's what I enjoy doing. I never know what song is coming next. I watch and listen and learn. Most of its 1,4,5 blues songs, occasionally something more complex. My job is to keep the root of things intact, nothing fancy, basic bass guitar: be there on the first beat. I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment